The Murphy Experience

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 41 (Jan 31 Wed)

It's the last day of January! Feburary vacation will be up in a couple of weeks and I'm so looking forward to the break. The other thing I'm looking forward to is that winter will end soon. Well, not quite soon, it's only Feburary tomorrow.. =( Everyone has to stand in the freezing cold wind while waiting for the students' buses to come and pick them up. On some days, it's good because the buses come pretty early and the kids go off by 2:40pm. On other 'bad' days, we stand there until the 2:50pm before they bring the students in to the school building if their bus is not there.

Today the AWC classes took their mid-year exams. Most of them felt that it was way easy although some felt it was so-so. One of the things I don't quite get is the timing of the exams. Back in Singapore, all grade-exams are administered at the same time, in the same place. This way, students from different classes would not be able to inform other classes of the subjects/topics that came up in the tests. Perhaps the mid-years ain't that important? The other issue was that there wasn't a sort of fix time duration for the test.. should they not finish, we would take it back and give it to them again the next day?!? It's strange but I guess it's the practice here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home