Day 39 (Jan 29 Mon)
I finally remembered to bring in the consent form that the students needed to have their parents sign for me to videotape the class. =P This also means I've to get everything ready as I teach the class on my own starting from next week. *Stress* J was so cute to ask if I really studying at Harvard and how I could be at the Murphy instead of going for classes.
Actually, I've been teaching for the past semester. I'm not like Annie who is going to take over all 3 of her classes (what is her mentor teacher doing then?!?) but still technically, I've also been doing all 3 of my classes.. perhaps in a lighter scale. One thing that probably would be the greatest change would be that I've to prepare every single material myself. I'll need to remember to ask Karen where to get the rubber bands for one of the lessons but I'm certainly looking forward to teaching myself. That said, I've been asking the school if they're going to hire me as a substitute teacher when Karen goes on maternity leave. Maria said she's alerted Mrs Russo and has the bird seated on her ledge, awaiting further comments/instructions. As I jokingly put it, the bird is seated frozen there.. since the weather has been so cold. =(
Recently, there has been a lot of cases of theft in school. It's rather sad coz the oldest student is probably not even (or just close to) 16. We've had students' iPods and teachers' purses stolen. And the 'largest' I heard today was a laptop. The music teacher's. Apparently his room is locked up but well.. I'm too sure about the details. Just raised the concerns that I too, should have my bag locked up in the closet. =| It's unfortunate things like these are happening. One of the thieves was a 5th grader! Gosh!
On the sideline, there were many visitors today. Mrs Russo was bringing them around and they came into our classroom twice - once when we were having our lunch break and the other when we were having a class! How disruptive it can be, with 20++ pairs of eyes on the students as they take their practice tests.. it didn't matter much to me or Karen. I would think that the lower grades have more visitors than we do, since we're on the 3rd and highest floor..
Actually, I've been teaching for the past semester. I'm not like Annie who is going to take over all 3 of her classes (what is her mentor teacher doing then?!?) but still technically, I've also been doing all 3 of my classes.. perhaps in a lighter scale. One thing that probably would be the greatest change would be that I've to prepare every single material myself. I'll need to remember to ask Karen where to get the rubber bands for one of the lessons but I'm certainly looking forward to teaching myself. That said, I've been asking the school if they're going to hire me as a substitute teacher when Karen goes on maternity leave. Maria said she's alerted Mrs Russo and has the bird seated on her ledge, awaiting further comments/instructions. As I jokingly put it, the bird is seated frozen there.. since the weather has been so cold. =(
Recently, there has been a lot of cases of theft in school. It's rather sad coz the oldest student is probably not even (or just close to) 16. We've had students' iPods and teachers' purses stolen. And the 'largest' I heard today was a laptop. The music teacher's. Apparently his room is locked up but well.. I'm too sure about the details. Just raised the concerns that I too, should have my bag locked up in the closet. =| It's unfortunate things like these are happening. One of the thieves was a 5th grader! Gosh!
On the sideline, there were many visitors today. Mrs Russo was bringing them around and they came into our classroom twice - once when we were having our lunch break and the other when we were having a class! How disruptive it can be, with 20++ pairs of eyes on the students as they take their practice tests.. it didn't matter much to me or Karen. I would think that the lower grades have more visitors than we do, since we're on the 3rd and highest floor..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home