Day 34 (Jan 22 Mon)
Last week was crazy. I ended up with a bad bout of viral infection that affected my inner ear. That caused my brain not to sense balance (or just couldn't sense too well) and had my head spinning for the longest time I ever remember. Just standing was a problem so you can imagine the trip to the toilet. Gosh! I'm alright now but I'm really wondering how I'd survive the freezing cold weather out there..
312 is giving us problem again. My guess (& Karen's as well) is that it's monday and it was the last period of the day. but well, no excuse to give us a harder time right? There were a couple of students who blantly ignored us (me mainly) and simply just did other stuff. Those who were reading under their desks did not contribute to the noise level - which was good - but still lacked the paying of attention in class. I know some of them are in 'higher' positions compared to some of their classmates but it doesn't give them the ticket to 'fool around'. I called a parent for the first time since I intern-taught here at The Murphy. Karen was going to call some parents to inform them of the detention they were serving tomorrow (because they had constantly forgotten to either do or bring their homework). So A's mum was quite cool about me telling her that her son's been acting out. We had to place him elsewhere so that he wouldn't be a source of distraction for the rest of the class. He just won't stop! It's amazing sometimes, how these kids can 'work you up'. Haha! I guess I'm still in the learning business..
We did take a long time to solve one of the questions on the homework worksheet. It was rather terrible because the students 1. didn't understand what I asked; 2. did not bother to pay attention. Now, number 2's bad! Karen and I have been thinking of ways to help motivate them but nothing very huge has worked so far. =(
I confiscated a mouldable ball from one of the students today. However, I think I did so many wrong moves as I look back.. 1. I should NOT have taken what I thrown into the dustbin, out. 2. I should NOT have asked Karen if it was ok that I don't return the stuff to the student - in front of the student, mind you! *faints* - if I had said I would confiscate it. Sigh. I guess it's a good learning experience. I threw it away at the end of the day - Karen said I should.. so I'm gonna ignore her for tomorrow and if she asks, I'll call her mum up or sth (she was being totally disrespectful in class anyway) but.. Karen also did mention that this student's parents are involved in a nasty divorce so well, looks like I might hit a hard wall if that happens..
312 is giving us problem again. My guess (& Karen's as well) is that it's monday and it was the last period of the day. but well, no excuse to give us a harder time right? There were a couple of students who blantly ignored us (me mainly) and simply just did other stuff. Those who were reading under their desks did not contribute to the noise level - which was good - but still lacked the paying of attention in class. I know some of them are in 'higher' positions compared to some of their classmates but it doesn't give them the ticket to 'fool around'. I called a parent for the first time since I intern-taught here at The Murphy. Karen was going to call some parents to inform them of the detention they were serving tomorrow (because they had constantly forgotten to either do or bring their homework). So A's mum was quite cool about me telling her that her son's been acting out. We had to place him elsewhere so that he wouldn't be a source of distraction for the rest of the class. He just won't stop! It's amazing sometimes, how these kids can 'work you up'. Haha! I guess I'm still in the learning business..
We did take a long time to solve one of the questions on the homework worksheet. It was rather terrible because the students 1. didn't understand what I asked; 2. did not bother to pay attention. Now, number 2's bad! Karen and I have been thinking of ways to help motivate them but nothing very huge has worked so far. =(
I confiscated a mouldable ball from one of the students today. However, I think I did so many wrong moves as I look back.. 1. I should NOT have taken what I thrown into the dustbin, out. 2. I should NOT have asked Karen if it was ok that I don't return the stuff to the student - in front of the student, mind you! *faints* - if I had said I would confiscate it. Sigh. I guess it's a good learning experience. I threw it away at the end of the day - Karen said I should.. so I'm gonna ignore her for tomorrow and if she asks, I'll call her mum up or sth (she was being totally disrespectful in class anyway) but.. Karen also did mention that this student's parents are involved in a nasty divorce so well, looks like I might hit a hard wall if that happens..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home