The Murphy Experience

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Day 40 (Jan 30 Tue)

I can't believe it's day 40!! Time flies really quickly... every morning as I wake to my alarm and "drag" myself out of bed for is slowly becoming a habit. I guess that's good. I kinda wonder how the parents of my kids get them to sleep early and "drag" them out of bed for the new school day. It must be quite a hassle but to some of them I suppose, school is fun so it might be just slightly easier.

Anyhow, today went well. I had a lot of time for individual attention for quite a number of the students. In fact, I think I kind of enjoyed having to work one-on-one with the students. I get to know which student has problem with what and can tailor to meet their struggles. For one, I think some of the more "disruptive" students are also those who fall behind the most. I'm trying to think of ways to get Z to participate, pay attention in class and not misbehave. Today, I had a mini "pack" with him. If he were to pay attention and follow the practice test that Karen was going over and not make any noise in addition to that, I would give him a candy. Well, that worked... but hmm, not sure if it was a good move. P on the other hand, was pretty lost and not following... gets distracted by Z and doesn't bother if his grades are affected. It scares me sometimes to think that these students are supposed to be the 'higher' level kids and that their poor learning attitude will be brought on into life further on should they decide that they want to remain like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home