Sick (Oct 5 Thu)
I didn't turn up at school today. I was feeling sick in the morning and decided to call in sick and stay home to rest. Of course I called to notify Glenda first and informed her that I was unable to meet her at our usual place for her to pick me up. I also told her that I would be absent from the first CRC meeting today (gasp!) and asked that she help find someone to replace me as the "recorder" (scribe: someone who would be taking minutes). Next up, I called Mrs Russo (principal). That made me a little nervous - haven't been in much contact with her other than at the Intern Teacher Breakfast the week before school started. She was quite nice about it and asked me to call Karen to inform her. She also said that she hopes I'll feel better - that was very nice of her!
I called Karen next, only to find that her handphone was turned off and it went into her voicemail. I left a message to tell her I was sick and would not be in today, thinking that perhaps it was too early to reach her on her cell. However, since I was unsure that she would listen to the voicemail before going to school, I called her again 30 minutes later but was unable to reach her again. This time, I didn't pursure further but headed back to rest. I found out later through an email from Karen that she had lost her cell and she had replaced it with a new number. I felt bad that she was uninformed.. sigh.
I called Karen next, only to find that her handphone was turned off and it went into her voicemail. I left a message to tell her I was sick and would not be in today, thinking that perhaps it was too early to reach her on her cell. However, since I was unsure that she would listen to the voicemail before going to school, I called her again 30 minutes later but was unable to reach her again. This time, I didn't pursure further but headed back to rest. I found out later through an email from Karen that she had lost her cell and she had replaced it with a new number. I felt bad that she was uninformed.. sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home